Friday, January 27, 2012

Daily Wisdom - The Rationale for Writing "On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land"

From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Thursday, April 5, 2012:

I, Nichiren, observing this state of affairs, proceeded to consult the great collection of Buddhist scriptures. There I discovered the reason why these prayers are without effect and on the contrary actually make the situation worse, along with passages of proof to support it. In the end I had no other recourse than to compile a work to present my findings, entitling it On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land.. . . This I did solely that I might repay the debt of gratitude that I owe to my native land.

The Rationale for Writing "On Establishing the Correct Teaching for the Peace of the Land"
Written to Hogan on April 5, 1268

No comments: