Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On Consecrating an Image of Shakyamuni Buddha Made by Shijo Kingo

Daily Wisdom
From the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin
Sunday, July 15, 2012:

I, Nichiren, am hated by the people of Japan. This is entirely due to the fact that the lord of Sagami regards me with animosity. I grant that the government has acted quite without reason, but even before I encountered my difficulties, I foresaw that troubles of this kind would occur, and I resolved that, whatever might happen to me in the future, I must not bear any hatred toward others. This determination has perhaps acted as a prayer, for I have been able to come safely through any number of trials.

On Consecrating an Image of Shakyamuni Buddha Made by Shijo Kingo
Written to Shijo Kingo on July 15, 1276

No comments: